Alden Richards is the other “half” of the social media craze “AlDub”.
Who wouldn’t bat their lashes when they see Alden Richards? He’s the absolute definition of “Prince Charming”. Tall, handsome, respectful and a gentleman — which of course, continues to sweep his “other half’s “feet, Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza.
It’s not rocket science how Maine and Alden’s tandem works out. This is basically what every Filipina dreams of when they were younger (Titas and Lolas and even Mothers there, don’t deny)– it is to fall in love with a hunk and matinee idol from the idiot box.
Rough start before it went smooth
But things did not actually work out easily for Alden Richards.
Born Richard Faulkerson Jr. on January 3, 1993. Alden previously joined ABS-CBN’s Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash and GMA’s Starstruck but failed to make the cut.
When he was just 16 years old, Alden started joining and taking part on numerous male pageants in Laguna where he was born.
He was on his way to college in 2010 at De La Salle-Canlubang when his mom succembed to pneumonia.
As per Alden Richards in an interview posted online, it was actually his mom’s dream for him to be an actor.
As quoted saying, “When she was still alive, she loves to watch teleseryes and she’s tell me, ‘I’d love to see you on TV someday.”
And that’s when it all started for Alden. He continued and pursued his mom’s wish and said, “I hope she’s seeing all of this and I hope I am making her proud.”
Career ‘plot twist’
Alden has also starred in several movies that of: Tween Academy Class of 2012, Ang Panday 2, Shake, Rattle and Roll 13 and this year’s Metro Manile Film Festival entry “My Bebe Love”.
He’s also appeared in several TV shows like: Tween Hearts Presents, Party Pilipinas, Alakdana and My Beloved.
#AlDubNation and why it is phenomenal
In BBC News’ Rico Hizon’s article posted online and as based on his interviewees, Aldub nation is a hit “because it has revolutionized TV programming,” as quoted from an advertising expert, Vincent Pozon.
Adding, “born and staged in the street, with two live audiences, street and studio, it’s very loose and the storyline is led by unscripted events and no bad values.”
Another, Jubert Alberto was quoted saying, “It’s like a re-telling of a classic fairy tale in a modern Filipino concept.”
“But what made them go viral is the use of new media and people can’t stop talking about them on social media networks.”
10 things you need to know about Alden Richards
(As posted on gmanetwork.com)
1. Based on his Instagram account, Alden can’t get enough of yummy dishes.
2. But burns all the calories by regularly working out at the gym.
3. Alden also loves outdoor activities.
4. The Kapuso star loves to travel and explore different cultures.
5. Alden loves kids.
6. Alden also has “wicked sartorial choices”.
7. Alden loves his fans who supported him from the very beginning.
8. Alden owns a Siberian Husky.
9. He is an ambassador of Habitat for Humanity.
10. Alden’s top priority is his family. In his Instagram post he said, “Always have time for the ones you love because you’ll never know what will happen next. Thank you Lord for always taking good care of us. We owe you everything.”